The Day of 3 Cakes






Probably my biggest challenge yet, and a huge learning experience.  I had agreed to do 3 4 inch double-tiered & filled cakes for my client.  Two were birthday cakes & one was for father's day.  Needless to say, I ran out of time!  I would have like to do a bit more finishing work, especially on the Batman cake, but it didn't happen.  I had planned on putting some explosions behind him, and gloss up the letters a bit.   Next time!!
The nest for the chickadee was an experiment.  I chopped some semi-sweet chocolate into small pieces and put them in the freezer.  I then combined some chocolate buttercream icing with some chocolate shavings to make a paste.  Next, I spread more chocolate buttercream around the bird, and placed some of the paste on top.  Last, I sprinkled more chocolate shavings.  I think it is pretty convincing!  Phew!

Comments

Popular Posts