Dora & Ironman






These cakes were done for my daughter & my nephew.  We have been having their parties together because they were born only a day apart (plus a year!).  The Dora cake was basically a 'barbie cake', but I was able to find a Dora doll that was the right size.  I took off the clothes she came with (thank goodness they came off!) and wrapped her in plastic wrap.  One I baked the cakes, I cut a round hole in the center of all of them and put the doll inside.  After she was inside I was able to do the decorating.


Ironman was another story.  I was very happy with how the figure turned out, but he didn't dry well enough, and plus all the rain we had that day, he would not stay together-hence the toothpicks used to hold him up.  Ick.  The also did not want fondant covering the cake, so I had to be creative on how to make the cake look like something from Ironman.
With the trouble I was having with the figure, I think I might try to use modeling chocolate.  Stay tuned!!












Comments

  1. That Ironman is fabulous! All of my three boys had to come see it and they all loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts